Located on a wooded campus overlooking the Cleveland Metroparks, the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph has an opening for a part time Cook to work approximately 15-20 hours per week. Flexibility needed for evening and weekends. More hours may be available in the future.
We offer a peaceful and caring work environment along with a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package for all qualifying positions to include medical, dental, vision, 403(b), company paid pension, paid time-off, etc
Operating within the framework of a Relationship Centered Care model, The Cook is responsible for food preparation. May assist the Director or Lead Cook with various tasks relative to the smooth operation of the Food Service Department.
- Prepares meals which may include breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner for residents and guests. This may include baked goods, entrees, salads, and other cold foods.
- Responds to guests and residents needs. Maintains appropriate rapport with Sisters.
- Assists with special events such as banquets, receptions, meetings, etc. scheduled through River's Edge or through CSJ Cleveland Center.
- Prepares trays for residents who are not able to come to the dining room to eat.
- Cleans work area including appliances. This is done after each meal.
- Maintains sanitary and safe working environment.
- Completes routine cleaning tasks per cleaning schedules or as directed.
- Ensures high quality standards in food preparation, nutritional requirements, and guest service.
- Follows recipes and guidelines to ensure consistency in food product.
- Provides assistance to all areas of department as the need arises and performs other related functions as needed, assigned, or delegated. This may include assistance with menu planning, ordering, inventory, recipe development.
- Provides direction to student staff during night and weekend shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate in a pleasant and professional manner with supervisors, guests, employees and residents of Cleveland Center.
Ability to work as a team player, following instructions, learning routines, and carrying out responsibilities so that dining times and food service operations run smoothly.
Must be able to read and follow instructions and carry out instructions.
Must be able to read and follow instructions relative to the job including operating manuals for appliances, recipes, safety procedures, etc.
Serv Safe certification desired.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in a commercial kitchen or dietary department desirable
- Experience with elderly or geriatric population desirable
- Formal food service or culinary training desirable.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to be on one's feet for extended periods of time in service of guests.
- Able to lift objects weighing 25 pounds. Able to stoop, bend, reach.
Cooks may be exposed to extreme temperatures when going into the freezer and/or when operating the oven.
Cooks must handle sharp instruments and must operate a variety of appliances, and kitchen equipment.
We offer a peaceful and caring work environment along with a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefitsfor all qualifying positions to include medical, dental, vision, 403(b), pension, paid time-off, etc. EOE
Send cover letter and resume to: email (see below) by October 20, 2017.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 51596462 cleveland