Interested in helping re-found a cutting edge technology company ready to disrupt an industry and become the best of the business? At Verizon Telematics, our culture is the operating system that runs our success. Help us cultivate it into a competitive advantage, creating an exceptional experience that attracts and retains the very best talent. We know that our people matter the most when it comes to our success, so taking care of them is a top priority. Join the team that’s committed to making Verizon Telematics one of the best places to work in the world.
You’ll make the magic happen by working directly with our people to deliver world class employee experiences that help them feel valued, contribute to their growth and wellbeing, and help us all play as hard as we work. That includes hosting fun employee events like National Donut Day and other local traditions, orchestrating community volunteering opportunities, and coordinating webcast viewings to help our team stay connected across our 30+ offices in 13 time zones worldwide. You will cultivate connections with employees to keep your finger on the pulse of the organization, using their ideas and feedback to drive our strategy and tactics to provide best-in-class work experience.
You’ll also work behind the scenes on a number of special projects, bringing the voices of our employees to the forefront as we partner with the business to continuously improve our culture and the value we offer to our employees during their career.
- Your prowess in managing logistics and keeping a zillion details organized is unmatched
- People might call you a perfectionist, but only because if we can’t get the easy things right, how can we get the hard stuff right?
- You know culture is more than just fun and food, understanding that it’s the very core of who we are, what we care about, and how we treat one another—in other words, the best accelerator of sustained results
- A consummate communicator with a passion for packaging well-aligned written, spoken and visual messages.
- An expert empathizer with a vast emotional intelligence, you build trusting relationships and inspire others to find a path forward when faced with obstacles
- Collaboration isn’t a buzzword to you, it’s a central tenant of how you get things done
- People trust you with their pets and children, or at least with confidential information and situations that require high degrees of accountability and dependability
- You’re the same person whether you’re at work or not, building trust through authenticity
- You set high standards for yourself to guarantee your growth
- You don’t take yourself too seriously, making sure people don’t confuse your confidence with ego, and have a great sense of humor
- You can tune into the needs and wants of our employees and understand that different departments, locations, or roles may need to be
- You’ve got a proven track record of designing innovative programs to keep our diverse and global team happy, curious, and wanting more
- Your work ethic is focused and flexible and can handle change as fast our industry moves
- You understand your role as a calling that will transform your workplace
- Execute local experiences within given parameters (i.e. employee-driven input, budget, scope, timing, tone, etc) that enhance culture and help build a best-in-class work environment (e.g. holiday parties, webcast viewing parties, wellness initiatives, volunteerism, and local traditions), including coordination of leader participation
- Participate in the design of a centrally-managed employee experience strategy that drives consistent best-in-class engagement opportunities for our global team
- Share bright spots, issues, trends, and recommendations to Employee Experience team to improve culture and employee experience at location
- Partner closely with local office managers, executive assistants, and other points of contact to deliver experiences on site and at other locations
- Support company-wide employee experience and culture projects
- Track the ROI of investments in culture, employee experience, and engagement programs
- Maintain ongoing pulse on employee morale and engagement, continuously driving measures for improvement
- Develop actionable insights from employee feedback, both formal and informal
- Continuously evolve the way our leaders and employees work within and across teams
- Be a champion of our culture by demonstrating our values in action and helping others do the same
- Understand and manage cultural differences within newly acquired companies, preserving their success factors, while enhancing other aspects to achieve greater impact
- Rare travel to other sites (less than 5%)
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 4-7 years of experience working in project management, employee events, communications, employee relations, office management, human resources, or similar
- 4-7 years of experience in program management, training and facilitation, and communications
- Bachelor Degree in Behavioral Science, Psychology, Management, or Marketing
- Experience aligning culture during mergers and acquisitions preferred
- Fluency in Portuguese, French, Italian, or Spanish preferred
- Experience working across company boundaries; functions well in ambiguous and complex environment
- Ability to quickly build relationships and diplomatically negotiate common approach
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work collaboratively and individually to achieve stated goals
- Organized and detail-oriented to manage complex projects within scope, time, and budget
- Understanding of event management, communications, vendor management, corporate social responsibility, employee-volunteer management, diversity and inclusion
- Expert communications and design capabilities – written and visual
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6331285-employee-experience-project-manager