Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 9:03 PM
Req ID: 31941
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on peoples lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming whats possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space:age materials : this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, its a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, youll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. Youll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
Field Service Engineer
To calibrate, maintain, install, troubleshoot, and repair MTS equipment at a customer site. Learns and applies MTS technology and business practices in order to provide quality, on:site customer support.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Manages customer base and business activities to optimize customer satisfaction, efficiency of operation, revenue generation, margin levels, and service contract performance.
2. Diagnoses equipment problems to the major sub:sections of the system (i.e. controllers, hydraulics, data acquisition systems, transducers, grips, fixtures, etc.) Restores equipment operations.
3. Performs calibrations relevant to assigned customer base independently.
4. Coordinates and conducts installation and maintenance activities.
5. Implements the operational requirements of the MTS Corporate and Field Service Quality System.
6. Assists as requested to support service sales efforts by being knowledgeable of and understanding strategic goals relative to growth, margin and marketing.
7. Manages all assigned assets according to company policy (i.e. automobile, financial instruments, and service equipment).
Education and Experience
Vo:tech degree in a technical field or equivalent military training and a minimum of 1 year relevant experience; or
5years relevant technical experience. Additional experiance in troubleshooting and repair of servo:hydraulics, electro:mechanical controllers, MTS equipment is hightly desireable.
Works with a peer mentor as required with goal toward working fully independently within 18 months
Learn and utilize MTS technology and business practices in order to provide on:site customer support.
Manages workload and works closely with TSC (Technical Service Coordinator) and supervisor for support
Manages customer base and business activities to optimize:
: Customer satisfaction
: Efficiency of operation
: Revenue generation
: Margin levels
Diagnoses equipment problems to the major sub:sections of the system, i.e. controllers, hydraulics, data acquisition systems, transducers, grips, fixtures, etc. Restores equipment operations.
Performs calibrations relevant to assigned customer base with limited supervision.
• Location: Cleveland
• Post ID: 35134065 cleveland