Position Title: Lead Medical Office Specialist
Department: Detroit Shoreway Office
1. Position Summary:
(Overall purpose of this position)
- Responsible for all support services conducted at the Front Desk.
2. Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
(The following description is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned, as required.)
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Responsible for accurate and timely scheduling. Responsible for accurate and timely registration.
- Channels all incoming calls and routes to appropriate persons or departments.
- Follow office Policies and Procedures for your department as well as the organization.
- Maintain work area and lobby in a neat and orderly manner.
- In basket or write an accurate message for providers or other department staff with all of the information required.
- Responds to emergency calls according to established procedures. Uses overhead paging system according to procedure.
- Maintains information in a confidential manner at all times.
- Efficiently handles switchboard. Communicates general clinic information to necessary persons.
- Collect and enter data accurately. Collect co-payments and other types of patient responsibility payments.
- Balance money collected daily. Balances billing transactions made daily.
- Make appropriate phone calls or access insurance companies through Internet to determine patient's eligibility of coverage.
- Participate in educational activities.
- At times may be required to call patients and confirm appointments.
- Handles faxes and copying as requested.
- Forward all necessary correspondence and mail to Ridge or Tremont location in a timely manner.
- Inventory and order office supplies.
- Complete daily reconciliation report and bank deposits.
- Keep office Outlook Calendar up to date.
- Assist patient in completing MHCP applications.
- Ensure lobby is neat and orderly.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position. Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications:
(To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite, Web maintenance, database management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to follow written policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Knowledge of medical insurance.
- Ability to operate fax machine and photocopier.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetical or numeric system.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Understands and initiates a team work approach when appropriate.
- Possesses dependability, desire to deliver quality work and the ability to accept a high level of responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely with a pleasant telephone voice.
- Strong organizational qualities.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver's license and insurance.
4. Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
- Office work environment.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
5. Previous experience that is necessary background to qualify for this position:
- At least 1-year work experience in a medical office setting.
REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY: Detroit Shoreway Office Manager
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 58248747 cleveland