Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:11 AM
Company Name: Millennia Housing Management, Ltd
Benefits Offered Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, 401K
Employment Type Full-Time
Established in 1995, Millennia Housing Development (MHD) is the real estate development company
within The Millennia Companies. MHD’s team of professionals leads Millennia’s efforts to acquire
new assets, and recapitalize and redevelop both existing and newly acquired assets utilizing a variety
of financing tools. We are experts in managing complex financing structures including use of tax
exempt and taxable bond issues, 4% and 9% Low‐Income Housing Tax Credits, state housing tax
credits, soft subsidy loans through state and local governments, tax PILOTs/abatements, bridge loans
and private equity investments.
Overall, MHD’s goal is to ensure that properties coming into The Millennia Companies’ robust and
growing portfolio (and properties in our existing portfolio) are (and remain) financially viable. This
goal is aligned with The Millennia Companies’ overall mission – to serve as a dedicated long‐term
owner and manager of quality apartment communities – both affordable and market rate.
About the Position
Development Accountants support the Millennia Housing Development team throughout the process
of construction to the placing in service of affordable and market rate multifamily communities
throughout 27 states. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial drive and be comfortable
working to solve difficult problems under short deadlines. Additionally, they will be extremely
organized, timely with all submissions, and be ready to pitch in and help the entire team achieve our
mission to transform multifamily communities into places that anyone would be happy to call home.
A typical day as a Development Accountant includes all of the follow:
· Being responsible for overseeing a portfolio of multifamily properties currently in the
· Working with Development Managers to transition projects from initial closing of financing
into their portfolios for administration.
· Preparing and submitting loan and equity draws.
· Preparing and submitting agency reports, as required.
· Preparing and submitting cost certifications and requests for 8609 forms.
· Transitioning projects that have been placed in service to operations within Millennia Housing
· Assisting with all other issues that may arise during the development process as needed by
the Millennia Housing Development team.
You will be a competitive candidate for this position if:
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
· You have at least 2+ years of work experience in the real estate or construction industry.
· You have experience working with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program or HUD
· You can follow specific and detailed directions and read, understand and apply regulations,
guidelines and/or directives so as to ensure compliance with all requirements in a precise,
organized and detailed fashion.
· You possess the ability to work in a fast‐paced environment and to balance demands, various
projects and various deadlines at one time, including a willingness to work beyond normal
work hours to ensure that deadlines are met.
· You can maintain a positive relationship based approach to all parties, internal and external.
Compensation is based upon prior experience.
Millennia is a growing company offering excellent benefits including health insurance, 401(k) and
Section 125 Plans, and a non‐smoking, drug free environment.
The Companies have a long‐standing policy of hiring and promoting individuals who best meet the
requirements of available positions and who have the best potential for advancement. It is our
policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all the employment
Applicants should apply online but also send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
In keeping with this policy, applicants for employment are recruited, hired, selected for training,
transferred, up‐graded, granted privileges of employment, laid off, demoted or discharged without
regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, handicap, veteran status,
or military status. Millennia Housing Management, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Location: Cleveland
• Post ID: 59649697 cleveland