We are currently seeking an experienced person to join our Internal Audit Department. The person will perform complex-level professional internal auditing work. Work involves leading or conducting operational, financial, and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organizations management and staff; and providing key input to development of the risk-based annual internal audit plan. The person is expected to maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensure all internal audit activities carried out or supervised are in compliance with The IIAs International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). The person will also be required to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
This position involves limited travel but some travel will be required (including international). About 50% of this persons time is planned for tasks related to assisting the Corporate SOX effort and the balance remaining would be devoted to financial and operational audits and special projects.
- Identify and evaluate the organizations audit risk areas and provide key input to the development of the risk-based annual internal audit plan.
- Identify and test key (SOX significant) controls in order to properly assess the design and operating effectiveness of the control. This will also include key (SOX significant) controls related to configuration, enhancements and reports (mainly SAP) that may impact the integrity of reported financial information, the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and controls and or the achievement of business objectives.
- Conduct subsidiary audits to verify accuracy of records, compliance with standards, policies and procedures. Compile audit findings and recommendations for modifications and improvements to systems and procedures. Communicate corrective actions when necessary.
- Perform duties to prepare and conduct service center operations reviews, audits and inventory observations, assist external auditors during audit of the Companys financial statements, and internal investigations.
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria to be tested, reviewing and analyzing evidence, conducting interviews, and documenting client processes, procedures and controls (via narratives and flowcharts).
- Obtain firm understanding of Applied policies and procedures and possess ability to determine whether area of focus is in overall compliance.
- Communicate effectively with business unit management, senior management and other company personnel about audit progress and developments.
- Write audit reports to communicate project results to management and the audit committee. Evaluate report responses from management and suggest follow up action.
- Assist in other duties as required, such as developing and/or updating audit programs, developing the annual plan, management-requested projects, and other duties as required by audit management.
- Assist external auditors during the annual audit of the Companys financial statements.
- Work with the Loss Prevention Department and assist with fraud and ethics investigations.
- Work closely with other departments or divisions on matters of mutual concern and responsibilities.
- Travel as needed to conduct audits (both domestic and international).
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelors degree in business with an Accounting major.
- Professional Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with active status is required. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) a plus.
- Two years experience in a large public accounting firm.
- Experience with SOX (Section 404 requirements and COSO 2013).
- Proven knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management, control techniques, and control frameworks.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Experience with SAP (auditing or functional)
- Ability to work independently and take charge of critical issues
- Professional sense of independence, integrity and objectivity.
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Proficient computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, audit packages, and other business software to prepare workpapers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Exemplify effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to (e-mail removed) or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 58125672 cleveland